The holidays have snuck up on us. With Christmas less than a week away there is a good chance that, if you are like me, you are scrambling to get some last minute gifts together. Well I've come up with a great idea to help with that. It's handmade, inexpensive and, best of all, personalized!
Before we get started with the ingredients, let's grab a few other items we will be needing for this.
You will need: scissors, ribbon, a clean and empty soap pump or plastic squeeze bottle, full-sheet labels (can be found at your local wal-mart or office supply store) and a good attitude! To make this a more personalized gift, you will be printing your own labels! I found a wonderful template here that is easy to use and pretty much full of win. Now, on to the good stuff...
- 8 oz bottle of castile soap, unscented (this is good for 1 gift)
- 1/2 cup floral water (I prefer lemon balm hydrosol or rose water)
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 12 drops spearmint essential oil
- 12 drops peppermint essential oil
- Aside from the bottle, I purchased all of these items at my local craft store.
- Good for up to 1 year.
- Gentle enough to use daily.
- Not intended for severely dry/damaged skin.
Mix all of the ingredients together; stir or shake to blend. Pour into your container and you are ready to rock! Get crazy with the decorations and you are sure to have one gift that stands out this year! Happy Holidays!
**This soap can be used for either a hand soap in the bathroom, or as a body wash! Dual purpose, baby!!**
Mo is the beauty and brains behind Madd Style Cosmetics. You can shop with her on Artfire, or follow her on Facebook. Her page is ALWAYS full of makeup and beauty inspiration!!