This festive, strong herbal infusion makes a powerful, yet gentle, face/body astringent that can be used daily effectively removing dirt/oil without drying. It feels especially well when your skin is feeling extra greasy and it works wonders for hot flashes!
Parsley contains a high concentration of vitamin C, a powerful anti-oxidant that is believed to aid skin cells in repairing and reproducing themselves. The vitamin C found in parsley, combined with the cooling effect found in peppermint, has been known to reduce the effects of sun damage.
- 2 cups water; distilled
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped peppermint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil (if desired)
- In a small sauce pan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add herbs and cover. Allow to steep for 30 minutes.
- Add essential oil and stir to blend.
- Strain into glass or plastic storage container.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before using.
- Lightly soak up mixture with a cotton pad or cotton ball, approximately 1 teaspoon.
- Apply to your cleansed face/body.
- Follow with moisturizer
- Shake well before each use.
- Prefect for oily, acne, combination or normal skin.
- Gentle enough for daily use.
- Keep refrigerated for up to one week, then discard.